1. Be Unselfish (18:4) - be happy when someone else gets something with no jealousy or envy.
2. Love at all times (18:3) - Proverbs 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity. Love them as they are, not how you wish they were. Give them what they need. Love even when it’s not returned.
3. Speak well of your friend to others - Say nothing negative! Only uplifting! Don’t even hint at gossip or news.
4. Be a friend that encourages relationships. Offer a shoulder to cry on, but encourage them to build the relationship.
5. Relate blessings & positive thoughts. If you aren’t part of the problem or the solution, just keep it to yourself.
6. Forgive & give it to God. Don’t tell others about it.
7. Have a servant’s spirit (20:4) - there will be times when your friends need you time and help.
8. Pray - petition God daily for your friends.
9. Walk with God (23:16&18) - Christ is the foundation of our friendships.
10. Stay friends for life (II Sam 26)
11. Be a friend - Proverbs 18:24a A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly:
And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: