January 19, 2013
20 Things to Think About & Talk About BEFORE You Get Engaged
by Robin Ogle
1. Closer you are to God, the closer you will be to your spouse. Don’t even THINK engagement unless you BOTH are close to the Lord.
2. Your husband cannot be everything you need, only God can fill those shoes. Make sure you know God, and have a great relationship with HIM!
3. Give 100% because you love your fella, not because you expect something in return. Practice this with siblings.
4. Don’t “put up with” things or situations, learn to accept them on your knees. The biggest part of marriage is acceptance.
5. Pray every single day together.
6. Pray every single day for your future husband and your marriage. Start this TODAY!
7. Set-up your money plan, (budget, retirement, savings, investments) also and decide who will be the responsible adult in charge of the money.
8. Decide where parents and in-laws fit into your life.
9. Discuss birth-control, when you will have children, how many, and how the children will be cared for and raised.
10. What type of home will you have? I.e. quiet, lots of company, etc.
11. How active in church do you plan on being?
12. Which counselors do you both approve of?
13. How will you spend quality time together? Make a bucket list separately and together. You will them have a lifetime of dreams to fulfill.
14. What debt do you have? What debt does he have?
15. Read the “5 Love Languages” and find out your love language and your future mates.
16. How will you make decisions?
17. Do either of you have a commitment to other family members (financially or caregiver, etc) that will affect time or money after marriage?
18. What character traits do you admire in your future spouse?
19. Do a Bible study on marriage and read at least three books on marriage BEFORE you get engaged. Ask your mother or pastor’s wife for suggestions.
20. Read the marriage vows and apply Bible verses to each one. Are you ready to make that vow forever?
back to school
bible friend love relationship
2015 New Year's Resolutions That You CAN Keep
January 13, 2015
Achievement (from WMS January 4, 2015, Speaker: Gwen Alexander)
January 5, 2015
The Excellent Wife Respects Her Husband
November 22, 2014
October 26, 2014
The Excellent Wife
October 19, 2014
A Lifetime of Christian Education
August 4, 2014
Peace I Learned From a Deer Tick
April 17, 2013
Fight or Flight
April 12, 2013
Given to Hospitality
March 22, 2013
March 17, 2013